Friday, December 20, 2013

Color Inspiration: Blabla Dolls

I first heard of Blabla dolls once my friends starting having children and receiving them as gifts for their babies. I actually just bought one for my niece this year – Colette the Cat. They are a little pricey*, but oh so adorable. One of the things I love most are the color combinations – a little unexpected, cute but still sophisticated. I think they would be fabulous in a quilt. I spent some time with the Kona fabric card and matched up my favorite dolls with color swatches. I’m going to try and do this more often when I see other color combos I like (and hopefully post here as well). It’s always nice to have a little inspiration before starting a new project!

*If you don’t want to spend the money to purchase a doll, they have miniature versions as finger puppets. Much more affordable, and just as cute!

2 comments:

  1. You're a genius. I have loved Bla Bla dolls ever since someone gifted us one when our oldest was born. You are so right... it's the color combinations that make them so great. I'm going to have to use one of these swatch groups!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this fabric design is gorgeous.
    to get more fabric design in weaveron textile.
    click on this https://www.weaveron.com.

    ReplyDelete