Tuesday, May 17, 2011

American Girl doll outfit

For my niece's 5th birthday, she got to pick out an American Girl Doll. My sister and her family came down to go to the new store, and the three of us (the boys stayed at the hotel) went shopping! My obsession with these dolls has not stopped since becoming an adult, and I tried my hardest to pursue my niece to pick out Kit (check out that doll's clothes and kitchen set - they're awesome!), but in the end she picked out a My American Girl doll (that happened to look just like the Molly doll) and named her Molly.

I still remember when Santa brought me my very own AG Molly doll! She lives at my parent's home (seems too creepy to be 27 and have her in my apartment) and I used her in a photo shoot to capture the doll outfit I made for my niece's birthday. She's still in pretty good condition - though her hair could use a deep hair conditioning treatment.



I used this pattern from Mod Kid, and used fabrics from JoAnn's. Normally I don't purchase fabric from there, because the quality is cheaper and the fabric isn't as cute - but I happened to find this adorable print that was perfect for the doll outfit. Sewing tiny outfits does have it's downsides, but they are so much fun to work on and are so cute when finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment